- Money that does not need to be paid back. Based on household income.
- Money that does not need to be paid back. Based on academic performance.
- Money that is earned.
- Money that needs to be paid back.
- Financial Aid is based off of your parents income.
- Most of your parents should have completed their tax returns, you will submit an application at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Each school will send you a financial aid report that will show how much money they can offer you in Financial Aid.
- Scholarships are usually based off of Merit, such as your grades, activities etc.
- Most schools require a separate scholarship application. Some scholarship applications are also available on ApplyTexas.
- Some schools also require a separate scholarship essay.
- Scholarship deadlines usually occur in the Fall semester.